cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trin
Engaged Sweeper II
I am trying to get a report for a certain exe file located in all users profile folder. In Custom Scanning, I 'Add files to scan' but am not sure of the correct parameters for %username%.
So it will scan all user profiles on PC for this exe.
I suspected might be something like C:\users\%username%\AppData\Local\filename.exe but this isn't returning any results. Is this possible to do?

Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
This placeholder can't be used for custom file scanning. You need to specify the exact path and file name to be scanned. The only placeholders available are %windir%, %programfiles% and %programfiles(x86)%.

Recently we have posted a script here which you could deploy using the deployment feature of Lansweeper. It locally scans computers for certain file types and writes the result into a TXT file. You might consider giving that a try.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Trin
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank you Daniel, will do.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
This placeholder can't be used for custom file scanning. You need to specify the exact path and file name to be scanned. The only placeholders available are %windir%, %programfiles% and %programfiles(x86)%.

Recently we have posted a script here which you could deploy using the deployment feature of Lansweeper. It locally scans computers for certain file types and writes the result into a TXT file. You might consider giving that a try.