cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kat
Engaged Sweeper II
I would like to create a static asset group that contains about 200 assets. Is there a way to import a list instead of having to check off each asset individually from the list?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
There is no built-in functionality to import an asset group list. I think it would be easier to build a SQL report under Reports\Create New Report, rather than create a group. You can easily insert a list of asset names into a report. Open the report builder under Reports\Create New Report and add the following to the Criteria column of the tblAssets.Assetname expression, inserting your own asset names into the syntax:
In ('name asset 1','name asset 2', 'name asset 3')

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kat
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank you!
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
There is no built-in functionality to import an asset group list. I think it would be easier to build a SQL report under Reports\Create New Report, rather than create a group. You can easily insert a list of asset names into a report. Open the report builder under Reports\Create New Report and add the following to the Criteria column of the tblAssets.Assetname expression, inserting your own asset names into the syntax:
In ('name asset 1','name asset 2', 'name asset 3')