cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
weinbd
Engaged Sweeper
I am trying to add all our Avaya VOIP phones to the Lansweeper software but I'm having problems seeing the information related to the VOIP handset.

I have added the IP Address range and can see a response from the phones but no other information is collected from the phones apart from the IP address.

Could someone advise what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help its much appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We can only pull data from a network device if the device has one or more of the following protocols enabled, preferably SNMP: FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, JetDirect, MOB (Managed Object Browser), SIP, SMTP, SNMP (SNMPv1, SNMPv2 or SNMPv3), SSH, Telnet or WMI. You should:
  • Check your VOIP documentation for information on enabling protocols, preferably SNMP.
  • Test protocol access with Devicetester, documented here.
  • Rescan the VOIP phones, preferably pulling data from the SNMP protocol. Device scanning instructions can be found here.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
fjca
Champion Sweeper II
Hi, Avaya VoIP Phones do not have SNMP active as standard, you need to activate it, please check this document:

https://downloads.avaya.com/elmodocs2/security/ipphone_snmp_secv7.pdf

weinbd wrote:
I am trying to add all our Avaya VOIP phones to the Lansweeper software but I'm having problems seeing the information related to the VOIP handset.

I have added the IP Address range and can see a response from the phones but no other information is collected from the phones apart from the IP address.

Could someone advise what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help its much appreciated.

Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We can only pull data from a network device if the device has one or more of the following protocols enabled, preferably SNMP: FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, JetDirect, MOB (Managed Object Browser), SIP, SMTP, SNMP (SNMPv1, SNMPv2 or SNMPv3), SSH, Telnet or WMI. You should:
  • Check your VOIP documentation for information on enabling protocols, preferably SNMP.
  • Test protocol access with Devicetester, documented here.
  • Rescan the VOIP phones, preferably pulling data from the SNMP protocol. Device scanning instructions can be found here.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now