cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Preve
Engaged Sweeper II
Dear all,

When I close a ticket, this ticket is set after a couple of minutes to "in progress". So we do get the "closed" notification and then suddenly that ticket is set back to "in progress".
I also see that the "closed notification" is send to the user that created the ticket, but also to the helpdesk mailbox where the tickets are created.
So when this mail comes in the mailbox it's seen as an "update" and set to "in progress" by ruling.
Is it needed that the "closing" notification is also send to the helpdesk mailbox? If no .. where can I disable that?
If you have any question please let me know.

Kind regards
Preve
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Ordinarily, your helpdesk email address should not be sending emails to itself, as this kind of behavior could lead to e-mail loops. The only scenario I know of where this can occur would be if in the ticket in question, your helpdesk email address is being added as a CC user (check the left hand pane).

This behavior can be prevented by adding the email address that is being added as a CC user to the Alias under Configuration\E-Mail Settings, in the Incoming tab.

Alias

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Preve
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi Bruce,

I have to apologize. I misread your first answer and kept on doing that.
Only yesterday (Maybe I had enough coffee at that time) I saw that I had to fill in the aliasses and not remove them as I thought reading it. At first test it still had the same behaviour. Then I've checked the exchange server and I saw that there was a second alias on it. So I've added the second alias and now it's all working fine! SO your first call was already 100% correct. At start it was the second alias that wasn't filled in.
Thank you again for your help and Admin, you can close this one with a big for Bruce
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Since you indicated that your helpdesk email address is also receiving the email, this would lead me to believe that the "helpdesktesting" account is related to the helpdesk email you've got set up under Configuration\E-mail Settings. If the "helpdesktesting" account is related to your helpdesk email address, or is an alias of it, adding it to the alias field as indicated in my previous reply should prevent this from occurring.
Preve
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi Bruce,

There are no aliasses in the email configuration.

Is the following a normal behaviour?
In the history of the ticket I see that the mail account, used to pick up the tickets, is set in CC of that ticket. (Done by any kind of ruling? )
1: So first line is "Ticket created by DOE John" (my test user)
2: Second line states: "Helpdesktesting added as CC user by Doe John". (This part is a kind of ruling or automation)
3: Note added and stat changed to "OPEN" by helpdesktesting. (also a automated rule of some kind)
4: Assigned to XXX by XXX (this was a manual ticket assignment done by me)

So now my question is why the helpdesktesting account is set in CC, because when an agent closed that ticket, the helpdesktesting account picks up the closing action and then sets the ticket to "in progress" because something changed to the state of that ticket.
I think that the complete ticket flow will need some reconfiguration from my side to avoid the current situation. Any idea where I went wrong?

Kind regards
Stephane/Preve
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Ordinarily, your helpdesk email address should not be sending emails to itself, as this kind of behavior could lead to e-mail loops. The only scenario I know of where this can occur would be if in the ticket in question, your helpdesk email address is being added as a CC user (check the left hand pane).

This behavior can be prevented by adding the email address that is being added as a CC user to the Alias under Configuration\E-Mail Settings, in the Incoming tab.

Alias