cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david_moon
Engaged Sweeper II

I noticed this message in app.lansweeper.com - it is unclear what Action we are to take. 

Is it saying that we will lose our on-premise Custom Fields in the Cloud? That they will never Sync Again? Only New Custom fields won't Sync? These fields contain critical data that we need both on-premise and in the cloud. 

Custom fields from the local web console will no longer be available in the cloud from the date July 29th. We strongly recommend that you create the relevant custom fields in the cloud to continue to query that data.

It is accompanied by a message (when editing in the cloud) that Custom Fields are different per platform. 

The custom fields created from LS Cloud will not appear in the local web console. Similarly, custom fields added from the local web console cannot be edited from LS Cloud.

How are we expected to maintain custom fields in two platforms for the same data point? 

13 REPLIES 13
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

We have reached out to our product team to verify the intended behavior and provide some insights on why this was implemented like this. As soon as we have their feedback, we will reply to this post again. Thank you for your patience.

Hello,

Any update about this situation? We have done our first sync today with the cloud and we also realized that all the work done onprem on custom fields were not reflecting in the cloud instance. We want that whatever is completed onprem reflect in the cloud global console. Else, what's the point to keep the possibility to use the local console, create custom fields if they don't reflect at global? I am not going to ask our teams to maintain things at two different places. Sorry, but I don't get the logic behind this decision :(.

rom
Champion Sweeper III

I replied above but I'll reply to this one specifically -  it's technical limitations, they built the cloud on an entirely different platform (MongoDB).  The two do not play well together with data conversions. 

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Unfortunately, there are no updates. The statement made by @LauraVictori is still accurate at this time.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now