cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdaniel
Engaged Sweeper III
We have a few computers that are showing the uptime to be very high. However, the last seen date is long ago. The computer is no longer online but it still has an increasing uptime. Is this a bug or do I not have something configured correctly? Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Where are you seeing these uptime values? I suspect you are running a custom report that calculates uptime dynamically.

The uptime value listed in the Summary tab of a computer's webpage is not calculated dynamically, but retrieved from the computer itself when the machine is scanned. Specifically, the WMI command below is run on the client machine. If the machine is offline, there is no way for Lansweeper to retrieve the uptime information and the value retrieved during the last successful computer scan will remain listed. This value will not change until the computer is successfully rescanned.

wmic /namespace:\\root\cimv2 path Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfOS_System get systemuptime

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Where are you seeing these uptime values? I suspect you are running a custom report that calculates uptime dynamically.

The uptime value listed in the Summary tab of a computer's webpage is not calculated dynamically, but retrieved from the computer itself when the machine is scanned. Specifically, the WMI command below is run on the client machine. If the machine is offline, there is no way for Lansweeper to retrieve the uptime information and the value retrieved during the last successful computer scan will remain listed. This value will not change until the computer is successfully rescanned.

wmic /namespace:\\root\cimv2 path Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfOS_System get systemuptime