cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rokke
Engaged Sweeper
Hello!
I'm having a hard time getting lansweeper to run my custom actions. In IE11 (W8.1) and 9 (W7) they work fine.

The command we have used is:
"%programfiles%\DameWa~1\DameWa~1\dwrcc.exe" -c: -h: -m:{smartname} -x:

In Chrome, this doesn't work. I get an error saying "File not found". The only time I get it to work is if I set the command like "C:\dameware\dwrcc.exe" .. etc. If i use %programfiles%/%programfiles(x86)% I get file not found, same if i have any spaces in the folder name.

The path to DameWare is
C:\Program Files (x86)\DameWare Development\DameWare Mini Remote Control\dwrcc.exe

nplansweepershellexec.dll
Version: 1.0.0.1
Size: 140 800 bytes

Lansweeper v. 5145

Windows 8.1 x64

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Reply sent via email on March 17th:
You cannot use %programfiles% or %programfiles(x86)% as custom action parameters. A list of available parameters is visible in the popup you see when hitting the Add Asset Action button under Configuration/Website Management/Asset Pages. We can’t really provide assistance for implementing custom actions, but one of our customers did post the following on our forum last year:

“I had DameWare 7.5 prior to installing Lansweeper recently. I was having mixed results with DameWare. It would work and then on my next LanSweeper restart it would not. I ended up copying my entire Dameware folder to a folder in the Lansweeper\Action folder. It's been working perfectly since.

I use {actionpath}\dameware\dwrcc.exe -m:{fqdn}

My credentials are already stored in Dameware. I want to land on the DWRCC.EXE screen for one final prompt before I access the workstation.”

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
apap
Engaged Sweeper III
A year later and I was also trying to configure an action for Dameware.
This is working for both Chrome and IE ( v11 )
(Using Dameware 11.1 with a central server)

I created a new vbs script in the lansweeper actions folder, shellexec2.vbs
and call it with:
{actionpath}shellexec2.vbs "C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\DameWare Remote Support 11.1\DWRCC.exe" -m:{computer}

Andrew

'-------------------------------------------
strName = WScript.Arguments.Item(0)
strArgs = ""
If WScript.Arguments.Count > 1 Then
For i = 1 To WScript.Arguments.Count - 1
strArgs = strArgs & " " & WScript.Arguments.Item(i)
Next
End If

Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
objShell.ShellExecute WScript.Arguments(0), strArgs, "", "", 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Reply sent via email on March 17th:
You cannot use %programfiles% or %programfiles(x86)% as custom action parameters. A list of available parameters is visible in the popup you see when hitting the Add Asset Action button under Configuration/Website Management/Asset Pages. We can’t really provide assistance for implementing custom actions, but one of our customers did post the following on our forum last year:

“I had DameWare 7.5 prior to installing Lansweeper recently. I was having mixed results with DameWare. It would work and then on my next LanSweeper restart it would not. I ended up copying my entire Dameware folder to a folder in the Lansweeper\Action folder. It's been working perfectly since.

I use {actionpath}\dameware\dwrcc.exe -m:{fqdn}

My credentials are already stored in Dameware. I want to land on the DWRCC.EXE screen for one final prompt before I access the workstation.”