cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WhatTheFrenchTo
Engaged Sweeper III
I need to know what dependencies lansweeper has as far as SQL packages. Trying to remove unneeded SQL software from our lansweeper host server. Using SQL Compact (specified via lansweeper)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
If you are using SQL compact (part of the default installation of Lansweeper), you don't need any Microsoft SQL server components on your Lansweeper server. SQL compact is fully integrated into the application.

Please note that if you are scanning more than 1000 assets we recommend installing your database onto SQL Server Express or higher edition as SQL Compact can't handle the number of database requests involved in that. In this case, you only need a standard SQL server installation. Additional features are not required for Lansweeper itself.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
If your web console is slow, we recommend that you truncate event logs and shrink your database. You can find instructions about how to do it in this KB article.
WhatTheFrenchTo
Engaged Sweeper III
Hey Daniel,

I uninstalled SQL from the host server but for some reason the application seems much slower. Is there any config settings you recommend I check or logs I should take a look at?

Thanks for the help thus far!
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
If you are using SQL compact (part of the default installation of Lansweeper), you don't need any Microsoft SQL server components on your Lansweeper server. SQL compact is fully integrated into the application.

Please note that if you are scanning more than 1000 assets we recommend installing your database onto SQL Server Express or higher edition as SQL Compact can't handle the number of database requests involved in that. In this case, you only need a standard SQL server installation. Additional features are not required for Lansweeper itself.