cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wilkie1984
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi there,

I have some computers on my network that dont have AVG installed. I want to push out a deployment to them but tbh i cant seem to get it to work.

I have added the AVG Update installer to the package share as follows

{PackageShare}\Installers\AVG_Cloudcare_March2017.exe /Q /norestart

When i run the deployment i get the following error:

Result: Deployment ended: Incorrect function. There is no 'Next' step available at the end of the package. Please adjust accordingly. Credential: (mydomainname\Administrator). ShareCredential: (Software.Install).

Action on Success is next and so is action on failure.

I obviously must be doing something wrong but can someone point me in the right direction?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Since AVG is not a program we use in-house we can't tell if the parameters you're using are correct or not. But as general troubleshooting advice I would recommend running the the deployment command directly in CMD on a test computer, the output in CMD may be more useful. Any command that works in CMD should work in the deployment module.

Do note that there are some cases where a package will deploy successfully but will return a -1, which is translated into incorrect function. So do verify if the install happened or not, if it did, you can just add -1 to the success code.

For more information on our deployment module you can check out this section of our knowledge base.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Since AVG is not a program we use in-house we can't tell if the parameters you're using are correct or not. But as general troubleshooting advice I would recommend running the the deployment command directly in CMD on a test computer, the output in CMD may be more useful. Any command that works in CMD should work in the deployment module.

Do note that there are some cases where a package will deploy successfully but will return a -1, which is translated into incorrect function. So do verify if the install happened or not, if it did, you can just add -1 to the success code.

For more information on our deployment module you can check out this section of our knowledge base.