cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregB
Engaged Sweeper
Hi there, new Lansweeper admin, first package deployment.

I am deploying a program that needs some config files copied once its done. The program installs just fine with this string, but the files don't get copied: \\xxx\setup.exe -silent -nowelcome -noconfig -nowait -responseFile \\xxx

The second step in the deployment package is another script (.bat file) that contains the lines Sleep 300 and then some xcopy commands. This step never seems to run. The first step is instructed to go Next on success. I've read that the Sleep command isn't supported universally.

Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I would recommend updating to the latest Lansweeper release, if you haven't already, and manually testing your steps in Command Prompt on a client machine first. Only when a step works in Command Prompt will it work in a deployment package as well. I don't think Windows XP recognizes the sleep or timeout command, but you could use a ping instead. See this discussion.

If the steps work in Command Prompt, but not in your package, please contact support@lansweeper.com and provide the information below to help us troubleshoot. We will follow up via email.
  • Description of the problem.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • An .xml export of your deployment package. Select the package under Deployment\Packages and hit the Export button on the right side of the page, right below the package name.
  • Copies of any files referenced in your deployment package.
  • An Excel export of the entire Deployment\Logs page. There is an Export To Excel button on the left side of the page.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II
GregB wrote:
Hi there, new Lansweeper admin, first package deployment.

I am deploying a program that needs some config files copied once its done. The program installs just fine with this string, but the files don't get copied: \\xxx\setup.exe -silent -nowelcome -noconfig -nowait -responseFile \\xxx

The second step in the deployment package is another script (.bat file) that contains the lines Sleep 300 and then some xcopy commands. This step never seems to run. The first step is instructed to go Next on success. I've read that the Sleep command isn't supported universally.

Any ideas?

if sleep doesn't work try "timout" command

exmaple: TIMEOUT /T 300 /NOBREAK (will wait 300 sec and ingore any keys from client) if u run it under system acount there will be no user visible box.

Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I would recommend updating to the latest Lansweeper release, if you haven't already, and manually testing your steps in Command Prompt on a client machine first. Only when a step works in Command Prompt will it work in a deployment package as well. I don't think Windows XP recognizes the sleep or timeout command, but you could use a ping instead. See this discussion.

If the steps work in Command Prompt, but not in your package, please contact support@lansweeper.com and provide the information below to help us troubleshoot. We will follow up via email.
  • Description of the problem.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • An .xml export of your deployment package. Select the package under Deployment\Packages and hit the Export button on the right side of the page, right below the package name.
  • Copies of any files referenced in your deployment package.
  • An Excel export of the entire Deployment\Logs page. There is an Export To Excel button on the left side of the page.