cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rudamento
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

I'm trying to use the Deployment Package tool to... deploy packages.

Specifically my test programs have been Java 8u161, Openfire Spark 2.8.3, and .Net 4.7.2

All but the .Net keep failing, and even then, there are 0 signs that .Net actually installed 4.7.2, as the job never realizes it installed and times out, and when looking on the remoted machine I do not see .Net in the Programs list, or in Software when I rescann the computer.

I've been working with both Windows 10 and Windows 7 machines for these deployments.

Whenever I run the package, I can see the software start on the remote workstation sometimes, but it never progresses. Instead it sits there, and eventually the lansweeper job times out. The software however will continue to run forever until stopped manually.

Edit: Correction, Spark and .Net appear in the processes as running. Java either fails for incorrect function, or just never shows up.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Have you tried running the command locally and does that work?

• Copy the Result command of the failed deployment package.
  • Use the exact path defined under Deployment\Security options.
  • Paste the command into the command prompt of a machine where the deployment failed.
  • This should help you identify the cause of the issue. Only when the command works in Command Prompt will it work in Lansweeper as well.
  • If the command worked then we recommend that you check that the command has been added correctly to your package and the parameter are also correctly added to the parameter field.
If a step works in the Command Prompt, it should work in the deployment package.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KrisNelson
Champion Sweeper
.NET doesn't show up in the Programs list. You need to verify it's install by looking at the registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full\Version

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-are-installed

I don't know anything about Spark, so I can't help there.

Java is a pretty straight forward install, but you need to be careful with it as you do not want to install it while someone is running something that requires it or it will break it (or at least it used to and it was so bad I still get the shakes from it).

I generally get the msi form of it; start the install > go into your c:\user\<username>\appdata\locallow\oracle\jave\jre1.8.0_161\ > copy the msi out to the network directory > then exit out of the installer.

-Kris
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Have you tried running the command locally and does that work?

• Copy the Result command of the failed deployment package.
  • Use the exact path defined under Deployment\Security options.
  • Paste the command into the command prompt of a machine where the deployment failed.
  • This should help you identify the cause of the issue. Only when the command works in Command Prompt will it work in Lansweeper as well.
  • If the command worked then we recommend that you check that the command has been added correctly to your package and the parameter are also correctly added to the parameter field.
If a step works in the Command Prompt, it should work in the deployment package.