cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coreyarndt
Engaged Sweeper II
I am looking to see if Lansweeper can detect if the Firewall is enabled or disabled on the devices it is scanning.

In the end I will likely create a report or something to alert me if the firewall is enabled or not...especially on my servers.

Related...will this also detect if a 3rd part firewall is enabled/disabled or just if the windows firewall is enabled/disabled.

Thank You
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jeremy_D
Champion Sweeper
Lansweeper does not specifically scan firewall statuses. You can report on a service or registry key associated with the firewall, as forum user esr indicated as well. If a Windows computer is completely firewalled though, you won't be able to scan it through agentless scanning to report on its services or registry keys. You would have to scan it with our LsPush scanning agent.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
coreyarndt
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank You, This does help. I will utilize the Registry Scan to obtain what I need. As mentioned the Windows Firewall Service may be running though the firewall is disabled.

Thank you again
Jeremy_D
Champion Sweeper
Lansweeper does not specifically scan firewall statuses. You can report on a service or registry key associated with the firewall, as forum user esr indicated as well. If a Windows computer is completely firewalled though, you won't be able to scan it through agentless scanning to report on its services or registry keys. You would have to scan it with our LsPush scanning agent.
esr
Champion Sweeper
I asked the same question this past July. Unless this has been added recently (don't think so...) then the answer is still "not really..."

Pretty much just have to set up custom registry scans for the firewall keys and make do.

Here's the relevant bits of that post, along with a link to the full thread-

http://www.lansweeper.com/Forum/yaf_postst11262_Windows-Firewall-status-report.aspx#post41975

esr wrote:
...possible to get a report that just provides the status of the firewall- on or off?

Searching around the forum it looks like the options are to check the service, but there it's also possible for the service to be on and the firewall disabled-

SELECT [Computer], Started
FROM [lansweeperdb].[dbo].[tblServices] inner join
lansweeperdb .dbo.tblComputers on tblServices .Computername = tblComputers .Computername where
tblServices .caption = 'Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)'

Or to run a custom scan for the following registry keys

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\DomainProfile
\EnableFirewall=0 (DWORD data type)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\StandardProfile
\EnableFirewall=0 (DWORD data type)

All the above was found in the following post
http://www.lansweeper.com/Forum/yaf_postst3493_Firewall-Status.aspx#post16673