cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenH_UK
Engaged Sweeper II
We use OneDrive to store our documentation, but I'd like to start linking Docs against our servers and other assets. However for versioning purposes, it seems to make more sense to keep OneDrive as the primary source.

Is there anyway to do this by uploading a link to OneDrive rather than the full doc to Lansweeper? I don't want to keep 2 locations up to date. I can leave a OneDrive link as a comment against the server, but this doesn't feel ideal.
3 REPLIES 3
rader
Champion Sweeper III
Rom's idea is a good one. I created something like this using the custom fields for our robot equipment, but linked it to a KB article in Lansweeper for our needs. The custom fields do accept URL's without question.
rom
Champion Sweeper III
Well, it's not the greatest idea i've had - but, you could make a custom asset field and call it 'documentation' or something, and then you could just paste the onedrive link to the document in that field... then the documentation link will show up on the summary page for the asset...

and you could make a report of all assets with custom13 field for example, is not null... and have a list of your assets that have documentation, along with the links.

Conversely, you could then make a filtered report of your servers or assets which should definitely have documentation, and report on the nulls and you have a 'hey these need documentation' report.
BenH_UK
Engaged Sweeper II
Rom wrote:
Well, it's not the greatest idea i've had - but, you could make a custom asset field and call it 'documentation' or something, and then you could just paste the onedrive link to the document in that field... then the documentation link will show up on the summary page for the asset...

and you could make a report of all assets with custom13 field for example, is not null... and have a list of your assets that have documentation, along with the links.

Conversely, you could then make a filtered report of your servers or assets which should definitely have documentation, and report on the nulls and you have a 'hey these need documentation' report.

Thanks, that's not a bad solution. I've only just started using Lansweeper so will have a tinker around. Cheers!