cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gartski
Engaged Sweeper II
Morning I am having problems with F-Secure PSB Server Security it is not getting picked up as an anti virus program any help would be great
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I recommend having a look at this knowledge base article, which explains how anti-virus scanning works and what you can do if the information reported is incorrect. Lansweeper uses two procedures to detect installed anti-virus software.
  • It queries a specific WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) class on the Windows computer. WMI is a framework built into Windows operating systems that stores system data.
  • It compares the computer's installed software with a list of known anti-virus software.

If neither procedure finds anti-virus software, you can try rebuilding the relevant WMI class on the client machine and/or adding the anti-virus software to the list of known anti-virus software. More information on how to do this can be found in the aforementioned knowledge base article.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I recommend having a look at this knowledge base article, which explains how anti-virus scanning works and what you can do if the information reported is incorrect. Lansweeper uses two procedures to detect installed anti-virus software.
  • It queries a specific WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) class on the Windows computer. WMI is a framework built into Windows operating systems that stores system data.
  • It compares the computer's installed software with a list of known anti-virus software.

If neither procedure finds anti-virus software, you can try rebuilding the relevant WMI class on the client machine and/or adding the anti-virus software to the list of known anti-virus software. More information on how to do this can be found in the aforementioned knowledge base article.