cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mohammed
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,
Please help me,

i would like to add some of the assets in the group with excel file!
right now im using v. 5317

Regards
Mohammed
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I deleted your other posts as they appeared to be duplicates of this one. To answer your question: there is no built-in functionality at the moment to import asset group memberships from an Excel file. This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for it at this time. You could:
  • Manually select the assets to be added to the group.
  • Insert the group memberships directly into the relevant database tables (tblAssetGroups and tblAssetGroupLink), e.g. with a database script. This is not something we can provide instructions or support for however.
  • Build a report instead. It's fairly easy to insert a list of asset names into a report. Open the report builder under Reports\Create New Report and add the following to the Criteria column of the tblAssets.AssetName expression:

In ('asset name 1', 'asset name 2', 'asset name 3', 'asset name 4', 'asset name 5')

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I deleted your other posts as they appeared to be duplicates of this one. To answer your question: there is no built-in functionality at the moment to import asset group memberships from an Excel file. This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for it at this time. You could:
  • Manually select the assets to be added to the group.
  • Insert the group memberships directly into the relevant database tables (tblAssetGroups and tblAssetGroupLink), e.g. with a database script. This is not something we can provide instructions or support for however.
  • Build a report instead. It's fairly easy to insert a list of asset names into a report. Open the report builder under Reports\Create New Report and add the following to the Criteria column of the tblAssets.AssetName expression:

In ('asset name 1', 'asset name 2', 'asset name 3', 'asset name 4', 'asset name 5')