cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mml
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I'm currently trying to deploy some software that requires 2 parameters to activate, below is what i'm trying:

"{PackageShare}\Deployment\Installer.exe" "CustomerId={ABCDEFG} ActivationId={HIJKLMNOP}"

However I'm seeing the following error:

Preliminary checks failed. Task Registering Error. The task has been configured with an unsupported combination of account settings and run time options. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80041314)

Am I using the quote marks incorrectly? If running direct from a cmd prompt, the following works:

c:\temp>Installer.exe CustomerId={ABCDEFG} ActivationId={HIJKLMNOP}
3 REPLIES 3
mml
Engaged Sweeper
I have managed to resolve the problem by issuing the command via script instead. Thanks for your assistance.
mml
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks - I tried each step using the default path as well as the full UNC path defined in Deployment\Security Options. When using the full UNC path i got:

Preliminary checks failed! Task Service Error. The network path was not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070035)

So I reverted back to the default {PackageShare}, which then gave me:

Preliminary checks failed. Task Registering Error. The task has been configured with an unsupported combination of account settings and run time options. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80041314)

It is worth noting I originally tried this as an 'Installer' with parameters added with and without the quote marks, I have also tried using it as 'Command' with the parameters included in the entire command. The error and HRESULT code are the same for both.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I believe it should be:

"{PackageShare}\Deployment\Installer.exe" CustomerId={ABCDEFG} ActivationId={HIJKLMNOP}

Only quotes around the file. For testing the commands I would recommend doing the following:
  • Copy the Result command of the failed deployment package.
  • Use the exact path defined under Deployment\Security options.
  • Paste the command into the command prompt of a machine where the deployment failed.
  • This should help you identify the cause of the issue. Only when the command works in Command Prompt will it work in Lansweeper as well.
  • If the command worked then we recommend that you check that the command has been added correctly to your package and the parameter are also correctly added to the parameter field.
If a step works in the Command Prompt, it should work in the deployment package.