cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NothingNerd
Engaged Sweeper
I am trying to use the Import assets function, but when I try I am getting the message that `An Error Occured`. I validate the file and it says everything is okay. If I try to import the same file again it says the MAC address is already in use, but when I look at the asset page it is not there.

Is there a way to figure out what the error that is occuring is and to clear out the half imported assets so I can try again?

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is it possible that you are using a pre-5.1.0.66 Lansweeper release and are submitting an invalid scanning server name in your CSV file, i.e. a machine name that is not listed as a scanning server under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Your License?

We fixed a bug with similar symptoms in 5.1.0.66. You're not supposed to submit names of non-existing scanning servers in your CSV files, but Lansweeper did not give a proper warning message and would still import the first asset in the CSV file if an incorrect scanning server was specified. We recommend:
- Updating to 5.1.0.66, if you haven't already, by following the instructions on page 176 and beyond of our online documentation: http://www.lansweeper.com/documentation.pdf
Note that we use the page numbers listed at the bottom of each page. 5.1.0.66 will give a proper warning if you submit an invalid scanning server.
- Deleting the one faulty asset that was imported. You can click the Assets link at the top of the web console and sort the First Seen column to find the most recently added assets. To delete an asset, tick the checkbox in front of the asset and hit the Delete button on the left.
- Double-checking the scanning server names submitted in your CSV file. You must either leave the field blank or submit a server name listed in the Configuration/Scanning Setup/Your License section of the Lansweeper web console.
- Trying the CSV import again.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is it possible that you are using a pre-5.1.0.66 Lansweeper release and are submitting an invalid scanning server name in your CSV file, i.e. a machine name that is not listed as a scanning server under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Your License?

We fixed a bug with similar symptoms in 5.1.0.66. You're not supposed to submit names of non-existing scanning servers in your CSV files, but Lansweeper did not give a proper warning message and would still import the first asset in the CSV file if an incorrect scanning server was specified. We recommend:
- Updating to 5.1.0.66, if you haven't already, by following the instructions on page 176 and beyond of our online documentation: http://www.lansweeper.com/documentation.pdf
Note that we use the page numbers listed at the bottom of each page. 5.1.0.66 will give a proper warning if you submit an invalid scanning server.
- Deleting the one faulty asset that was imported. You can click the Assets link at the top of the web console and sort the First Seen column to find the most recently added assets. To delete an asset, tick the checkbox in front of the asset and hit the Delete button on the left.
- Double-checking the scanning server names submitted in your CSV file. You must either leave the field blank or submit a server name listed in the Configuration/Scanning Setup/Your License section of the Lansweeper web console.
- Trying the CSV import again.