cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevce_brazeau
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello,
We're running Lansweeper 7, and love it, naturally. We're running a separate, older, inventory system that covers more than just IT inventory, however, it IS the system that doles out what we call "Asset tags" which is a unique inventory identifier for our environment.
I have an excel spreadsheet with some asset data. The two pieces of information that are really key in that spreadsheet is serial number and asset tag. I'd like to import those asset tags into Lansweeper and pair them up with the matching serial numbers.
Any advice on how to do that?
I suppose I could do it through SSIS or a SQL import, but I hate shoving stuff into the database via a backdoor if I can avoid it.
1 REPLY 1
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
There is an import fuction in Lansweeper, but it's not designed for updating assets, only importing new ones. Unfortunately, in your case there is no other option than inserting the data into the database with a script.

I would assume you want to add the asset tag as an Asset custom field. These can be found in the tblassetcustom table. If you want to add the asset tag to an asset which matches the serial number it would look something like:

Update tblAssetCustom
set Custom1 = '#12345'
where serialnumber = '012801021749'