cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markojic
Engaged Sweeper
Hello everyone,

We have recently installed the Lansweeper to one of our servers in order to test if it's functionalities does meet our business demands. However, what I can notice is that Lansweeper has incorrectly categorized many Assets (i.e. Wireless AP is flagged as a Switch). Therefore, we have to manually assign those assets to the appropriate group (which is quite frustrating due to the number of devices in the network).

Moreover, many devices remain uncategorized due to the lack of the MAC address. Why is the Lansweeper unable to get the MAC address of some devices? What are the requirements to be met so the assets are properly scanned and categorized?

Thanks in advance!
2 REPLIES 2
mickjf
Engaged Sweeper II
markojic wrote:
...Lansweeper has incorrectly categorized many Assets (i.e. Wireless AP is flagged as a Switch). Therefore, we have to manually assign those assets to the appropriate group (which is quite frustrating due to the number of devices in the network).

Hi Markojic,

Have a look at the "Asset Management ==> Asset Mapping" page. As I understand, assets are mapped to categories through this table. If you want to map a particular device, find the correct OID and remap it here. Does this help?

Mick.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
mickjf wrote:
Have a look at the "Asset Management ==> Asset Mapping" page. As I understand, assets are mapped to categories through this table. If you want to map a particular device, find the correct OID and remap it here. Does this help?

It's also explained in this KB article: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/changing-an-assets-asset-type/

For the other devices, it depends what kind of device it is. Network devices are scanned through SNMP.