cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Technut27
Champion Sweeper
One of my purchasing people noticed today that Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013 RC was not showing up when she searched for it on the home page. I tried it and it is a choice to pick from the drop down but the report returns 0 results. If I look up the users computer the application is listed in the software tab as I would expect and is in the history. I rescanned it anyway and rebooted the scan server for good measure but it is still not there. I installed the app on my machine, rescanned it, and my install shows up normally.

Any idea why his install is not being listed?

Website Version: 5081

My computer:
Windows 8 Enterprise x64
Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013 RC Version 12.0.20827.3

Users computer:
Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64
Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013 RC Version 12.0.20827.3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper 5.0 does not officially support Windows 8.1. We didn't consider that this might be causing the behavior you're describing, but most likely it is.

We added support for Windows 8.1 in Lansweeper 5.1, which hasn't been officially released yet. It will most likely be released within the next few weeks. A BETA installer can be found here: http://lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst7944_Lansweeper-5-1-beta.aspx
We recommend backing up your database prior to upgrading.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper 5.0 does not officially support Windows 8.1. We didn't consider that this might be causing the behavior you're describing, but most likely it is.

We added support for Windows 8.1 in Lansweeper 5.1, which hasn't been officially released yet. It will most likely be released within the next few weeks. A BETA installer can be found here: http://lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst7944_Lansweeper-5-1-beta.aspx
We recommend backing up your database prior to upgrading.
Technut27
Champion Sweeper
Correct, the machine is marked active and I can ping and rescan it from the interface with no issues. I tried to toggle it from active/non-active to see if that would help but it did not. Today I noticed its not just the Visual Studio install that is not showing up in other reports. This machine doesn't show up in any software report. For example it has Java 7 Update 25 installed and listed on the Software tab. If I click it it returns the list of other machines that also have it installed but if I filter by that computer name the report its not there.

Maybe is something with the way 8.1 is being reported? On the Windows OS overview I have 3 mystery OS categories with computers, Win 6.3.9600, Win 6.3.9600S, Win 6.3.9431S. If I click on any of those OS's the reports are empty. I have a 8.1 test system here at my desk and it is doing the same thing as the Surface. Its searchable and scan-able but it is not listed in the software reports either.

Thanks for your help!

**EDIT**
I checked my 5.1 beta system and my 8.1 test machine shows up in the 8.1 OS and software reports just fine. We are not rolling 8.1 out, just a few QA ad Developers have it so holding out for the full 5.1 release isn't a big deal for me.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If we understand correctly, the problem is that a particular machine is not listed when you search for the software package through the web console search bar and click on the software name? The software package is listed in the Software tab of the machine's Lansweeper webpage however?

Is it possible that the problem machine is set to non-active? Non-active machines are excluded from most reports.