cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrEko
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,
is there a way to compare software assets modifications in different dates.
i.e :
I scan the software installed today

Next week I'm going to scan the software again and I want to find the differences with the previous scan

Is it possible?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We received and answered this question via email. For everyone else's benefit, I'm pasting the reply we sent via email below.
If you tick the History checkbox for the Software item under Scanning\Scanned Item Interval (Lansweeper 6.0) or Configuration\Item Wait Time (Lansweeper 5.3), Lansweeper will track any software changes that occur on your Windows computers. This includes installs, uninstalls and updates. History tracking for software is enabled by default. Scanned software changes can be viewed in several sections of the web console, e.g. in:
  • The History tab of individual Windows computer webpages.
  • The built-in "Software: Changes in the last 24 hours" and "Software: Changes in the last 7 days" reports in the Reports tab. You can build your own SQL report under Reports\Create New Report as well. If you are interested in building or modifying reports, we do recommend:
    - Reviewing some SQL tutorials, as the Lansweeper report builder is a standard SQL editor. If you know SQL, you know how to build Lansweeper reports as well. This seems like a good tutorial.
    - Making use of our database dictionary, which explains in great detail what each database table and field stores. More information on the dictionary can be found here.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We received and answered this question via email. For everyone else's benefit, I'm pasting the reply we sent via email below.
If you tick the History checkbox for the Software item under Scanning\Scanned Item Interval (Lansweeper 6.0) or Configuration\Item Wait Time (Lansweeper 5.3), Lansweeper will track any software changes that occur on your Windows computers. This includes installs, uninstalls and updates. History tracking for software is enabled by default. Scanned software changes can be viewed in several sections of the web console, e.g. in:
  • The History tab of individual Windows computer webpages.
  • The built-in "Software: Changes in the last 24 hours" and "Software: Changes in the last 7 days" reports in the Reports tab. You can build your own SQL report under Reports\Create New Report as well. If you are interested in building or modifying reports, we do recommend:
    - Reviewing some SQL tutorials, as the Lansweeper report builder is a standard SQL editor. If you know SQL, you know how to build Lansweeper reports as well. This seems like a good tutorial.
    - Making use of our database dictionary, which explains in great detail what each database table and field stores. More information on the dictionary can be found here.