cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KateZilla
Engaged Sweeper II
I have 2 sites that are not at our main location where the Lansweeper instance is installed. Both sites are connected by site to site vpn through our firewall and I'm able to connect to devices on the remote network, however, the computer details are not coming through. lansweeper.vbs is installed/was run on all machines and I still do not have any luck. The firewall has a static DNS entry for the lansweeper server. Symantec Endpoint Protections has an exception for lansweeper as well. What should I try next?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
You need to ensure that
  • Your Lansweeper server can resolve and ping computers/assets to be scanned and scanned computers can resolve and ping your Lansweeper server
  • Ports required for scanning are open between your Lansweeper server and all scanned assets (please find details here). For Windows computers, this is port 135/TCP plus the dynamic port range of Windows (ports 49152-65535 on Windows Vista and more recent OS versions). If this is not possible, you need to use LsPush or configure a fixed WMI port on client computers
  • Other requirements mentioned in this KB article are met

If you can't open required ports, we recommend that you use LsPush in order to scan Windows computers. This is a small executable which scans the computer and sends the result back to your Lansweeper server using direct server connection (port 9524/TCP by default), file share or mail. You can find details here. It is possible to configure a scheduled task for running LsPush and deploy it via group policy.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
You need to ensure that
  • Your Lansweeper server can resolve and ping computers/assets to be scanned and scanned computers can resolve and ping your Lansweeper server
  • Ports required for scanning are open between your Lansweeper server and all scanned assets (please find details here). For Windows computers, this is port 135/TCP plus the dynamic port range of Windows (ports 49152-65535 on Windows Vista and more recent OS versions). If this is not possible, you need to use LsPush or configure a fixed WMI port on client computers
  • Other requirements mentioned in this KB article are met

If you can't open required ports, we recommend that you use LsPush in order to scan Windows computers. This is a small executable which scans the computer and sends the result back to your Lansweeper server using direct server connection (port 9524/TCP by default), file share or mail. You can find details here. It is possible to configure a scheduled task for running LsPush and deploy it via group policy.