cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpangoForever
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I am seeing strange behavior with the IP locations asset groups.

I have a long list and noticed when adding another today that it did not propagate to the widget or get picked up by my custom report.

I then realized that others in the list showed the same behavior although there are locations I have added recently that do work and older ones not showing.

I have removed some to make the list shorter but this doesn't seem to make a difference.

Has anyone seen this before and know a resolution?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If you are using the Lansweeper 6.0 beta, could you update to the latest beta release, if you haven't already, and see if the issue persists. We did fix some IP location bugs in previous beta releases.

If you are not using the beta, could you click the Assets link at the top of the web console, filter the IP address column and verify whether there are actually assets in your problem IP locations. An IP location will not be listed in the IP location widget for instance if it doesn't contain assets.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If you are using the Lansweeper 6.0 beta, could you update to the latest beta release, if you haven't already, and see if the issue persists. We did fix some IP location bugs in previous beta releases.

If you are not using the beta, could you click the Assets link at the top of the web console, filter the IP address column and verify whether there are actually assets in your problem IP locations. An IP location will not be listed in the IP location widget for instance if it doesn't contain assets.
esr
Champion Sweeper
What is a "long" list? We have 200 entries in our IP Locations list and it's fast & happy.

You want to be sure not to overlap any entries or odd things can happen. Since the list is used in order of entry in the database, and your newly added items are not being picked up, my guess is that you've already got that range covered with an earlier entry.