cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wjgardner
Engaged Sweeper
I want to know if there a way to automatically copy the DNS name of an asset to its AssetName field? We have hundreds of Teradici zero clients whose LS assets do not pull the right information for their AssetName. We have the field locked against scanning because it will overwrite the correct name we've manually inputted with something like "Teradici SNMP Agent". The DNS name is the name we've given our device with our domain suffix appended to the end, obviously, but we want the AssetName to be the asset's DNS name without our domain suffix (it can be the full DNS name if necessary, just want to describe our initial desire). We can manually copy/paste each of these, but this is terribly time-consuming so I wanted to post here before wasting our time. I've found dozens of helpful articles on here so I know you all are resourceful.

P.S. I've never posted in this forum so if I did this completely wrong, please correct me.
2 REPLIES 2
wjgardner
Engaged Sweeper
I apologize for my ignorance. I'm not familiar enough with SQL to follow you. Are you saying I can copy/paste the DNS name THEN remove my domain suffix from the end of the updated AssetName? Or just copy/paste the DNS name? I do not want to modify the DNS record itself. Also, does this have to be done via deployment or another way?

e.g. Current format:

AssetName = teradici agent
DNS = myclient-01.mydomain.com

Desired format:

AssetName = myclient-01
DNS = myclient-01.mydomain.com
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
An update SQL script would be the way to go in this case.

Update the assetname with the DNS name scanned for the asset along with the changes to the DNS name.