cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spencerwaller
Engaged Sweeper
HI need to scan some machines for a file but the file sits in a folder structure with username in...

C:\Windows\Temp\iotdx-disposable\Users\aperson\WebCompiler1.11.323\node.exe

Could i set up custom file scanning using wildcards? so my custom file scanning value will be soemthing like

C:\Windows\Temp\iotdx-disposable\Users\*\WebCompiler1.11.323\node.exe

Any advise will be greatly appreciated
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jacob_bks
Champion Sweeper
You can't do wildcards unfortunately.

However, what I would do in this case, is create a command line xcopy command or robocopy, etc..

have it list the files only (like xcopy /l switch I think)... and output the file to a UNC path/folder share, with %computername%_results.txt or something.

I would take that command and make a deployment package (step 1 - command)...

then I would make my Lansweeper report to find like 'webcompiler' software or whatever you need to make your report to get the computers you want... then, deploy the package, and then go to your shared folder and you will see the files as results.

I'm sure there's a better way if you script (like put in conditions to only output if a file exists... or put in command line SMTP to have it email you if it finds something... whatever), but I do things like that because it takes only a few minutes (basically just figure out the xcopy syntax line)... and you can move on to other things.

And, another cool thing is... you can schedule that deployment package to run against your computers report... so if some pop up in the future, you'll know...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
spencerwaller
Engaged Sweeper
Lovely thanks Jacob
jacob_bks
Champion Sweeper
You can't do wildcards unfortunately.

However, what I would do in this case, is create a command line xcopy command or robocopy, etc..

have it list the files only (like xcopy /l switch I think)... and output the file to a UNC path/folder share, with %computername%_results.txt or something.

I would take that command and make a deployment package (step 1 - command)...

then I would make my Lansweeper report to find like 'webcompiler' software or whatever you need to make your report to get the computers you want... then, deploy the package, and then go to your shared folder and you will see the files as results.

I'm sure there's a better way if you script (like put in conditions to only output if a file exists... or put in command line SMTP to have it email you if it finds something... whatever), but I do things like that because it takes only a few minutes (basically just figure out the xcopy syntax line)... and you can move on to other things.

And, another cool thing is... you can schedule that deployment package to run against your computers report... so if some pop up in the future, you'll know...