General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Informal SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway entry/ies

Since I couldn't enter my "SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway" post (late) on July 24th, I'm posting my entry here for posterity before SysAdmin Day. If any other Sweeper has a contribution to add — sharing their favorite tech gadget, sidekick, or beverage â€”...

MisterP2 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Manage asset visibility with user roles?

Hello,I was wondering if it possible to manage asset visibility depending on the role assigned to a user?I was tasked to hide all our server assets from a certain number of users, but I'm not sure if this is feasible.

campej by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

LSAgent not scanning

Been having a bunch of problems regarding LSAgent. With the new update of LSagent, I found a lot of my computers have botched autoupgrades that have broke the Agent on computers. I've had to run scripts to uninstall and reinstall. Now, with Window...

Disable Email Notifications for 1 address

Hi,I am in the process of finalizing my helpdesk configuration and I have one more thing I would like to be able to do.I would like to know if I am able to disable any email going to a specific email address?Example:We have support for some software ...

Proper way to scan for users and computers

We belong to a bigger Active Directory and all of the users and computers should be in that OU in that directory. What is the best way to scan just our OU for users and computers? At present I get assets that are not in our ou and we keep having t...

sleague by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distributed Install w/ Windows Authentication for SQL

Has anyone been able to successfully install Lansweeper in a distributed model where they have the Lansweeper services broken out across multiple servers? I have the DB hosted on one server and the web/scanning services on another server and all is w...

marda by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos