cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkesler80
Engaged Sweeper
Does Lansweeper support in place OS upgrades of it's servers?

I have Lansweeper running on server 2008 R2 and I'd like to upgrade to 2012 R2.

I searched the knowledge base and didn't really see anything.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Before upgrading the OS of your Lansweeper server we recommend you back up your Lansweeper installation following this guide.
Depending on the process behind the upgrade your Lansweeper installation should be functional after the upgrade. Windows Server 2012 R2 is fully compatible with Lansweeper. You can find more information on OS compatibility with Lansweeper in this article.
Should you require to restore your installation from a backup, you can follow this guide.

If you have any unexpected issues after upgrading your OS you could always contact support directly at support@lansweeper.com.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Before upgrading the OS of your Lansweeper server we recommend you back up your Lansweeper installation following this guide.
Depending on the process behind the upgrade your Lansweeper installation should be functional after the upgrade. Windows Server 2012 R2 is fully compatible with Lansweeper. You can find more information on OS compatibility with Lansweeper in this article.
Should you require to restore your installation from a backup, you can follow this guide.

If you have any unexpected issues after upgrading your OS you could always contact support directly at support@lansweeper.com.
mikeNDF
Engaged Sweeper II
Well I did an OS upgrade from 2012 to 2012r2 with the only issue being something with the permissions of an empty .net folder.

Lansweeper support helped me figure it out.