cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TRAGAR
Engaged Sweeper II

I have created a Deployment Package that uninstalls one piece of software, installs another, and reboots. I will need to deploy this to ~3,000 computers. Is there a limit to how many assets I can include in one deployment? Will the deployments all run simultaneously or be staggered (assumed), and if staggered, how would that staggering be calculated?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Dear, 

There is no real limit, you can run the deployments to over 3000 computers. There are a number of deployments that can run simultaneously. You can set this under Configuration\Server Options, almost at the bottom under the Service Options. 

All other deployments will be added to a queue and will be executed when a thread becomes available.

If you are running that many packages at the same time, have a look also at the number of simultaneous users on the DefaultPackageshare, this is also limited to 25 by default.

View solution in original post

TRAGAR
Engaged Sweeper II

This is helpful, Frank; much appreciated!  ðŸ™‚

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Dear, 

There is no real limit, you can run the deployments to over 3000 computers. There are a number of deployments that can run simultaneously. You can set this under Configuration\Server Options, almost at the bottom under the Service Options. 

All other deployments will be added to a queue and will be executed when a thread becomes available.

If you are running that many packages at the same time, have a look also at the number of simultaneous users on the DefaultPackageshare, this is also limited to 25 by default.

TRAGAR
Engaged Sweeper II

This is helpful, Frank; much appreciated!  ðŸ™‚