cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhammond
Champion Sweeper
I am starting to undertake the task of mapping the physical location of our equipment on a blueprint of our relevant locations/sites. I've been able to upload a picture of the facility map to LS, and have begun to 'pin' the locations of hardware as I find it, based on user location.

However, I'm beginning to notice that the map is getting cluttered. Is there a way to ONLY show THAT asset that I have searched on the map, rather than showing ALL assets on the map at once?

Example - we use PC123 for the FQDN of a certain user's PC. When I search PC123 in LS, it comes up no problem with all relevant information. I have added it to the map, but when I click on LOCATION, the map appears but the asset is buried under all of the other pins that are on the map. There is a setting that will toggle Asset Names, but that still isn't enough when working with a cube farm -type of setup.

So, is it even possible to ONLY show the asset you searched on the map rather than EVERY asset on the map?
5 REPLIES 5
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Resize the map so its larger maybe?
More Maps = More Assets (License Count)
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I'm afraid so.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Unfortunately, the only way to make unclutter the location would be to split it up into multiple locations. Like one location per room if you have that many assets in close proximity in that room.
mhammond
Champion Sweeper
Esben.D wrote:
Unfortunately, the only way to make unclutter the location would be to split it up into multiple locations. Like one location per room if you have that many assets in close proximity in that room.

Yeah I was afraid of that 😛

Basically, the "map" is the blueprint of our building, so I would just need to create different JPGs of 'sections' and do it that way. "Building Area South" or "...North" or "Corporate Offices" ...etc.
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
The only setting I am aware of is the toggle asset names. But that sounds like its not going to be what you need.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now