cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwood_mls
Champion Sweeper
I asked this as a tangent in another thread but thought I may get more info on its own.

We've installed LSAgent on most of our mobile devices, especially since they may not be on our network and we want to have them check with with the cloud relay. However, we were wondering if there were any issue with putting lsagent on everything. Specifically, we have certainly computers that we want to make sure they've rebooted once in 24 hours. Right now, we have to run a targeted scan on them to get the last reboot, but if they had lsagent on them, I guess they would kind of self-report on that, right?
3 REPLIES 3
dadaf
Lansweeper Alumni
jwood.mls wrote:
I asked this as a tangent in another thread but thought I may get more info on its own.

We've installed LSAgent on most of our mobile devices, especially since they may not be on our network and we want to have them check with with the cloud relay. However, we were wondering if there were any issue with putting lsagent on everything. Specifically, we have certainly computers that we want to make sure they've rebooted once in 24 hours. Right now, we have to run a targeted scan on them to get the last reboot, but if they had lsagent on them, I guess they would kind of self-report on that, right?

Can you shed some light on how you were able to install LsAgent on your mobile devices? I only see installers for Windows, Linux and Macs.

Thanks
jwood_mls
Champion Sweeper
dadaf wrote:
jwood.mls wrote:

Can you shed some light on how you were able to install LsAgent on your mobile devices? I only see installers for Windows, Linux and Macs.

Thanks

Sorry for the confusion. I meant laptops (Windows) in this instance.

grimstar
Champion Sweeper II
Shouldn't be any issue with putting LSAgent on everything that is compatible. If you have any custom items being scanned directly from the scan server you wouldn't get that information (I don't think? I don't use the agent). Installing the agent would also result in decreased load on your scan server.

Also, yes they would report that information as long as they were online and there wasn't a firewall or other security tool in between preventing communication to the cloud relay.