cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AM13337
Engaged Sweeper III
Would it be possible to create a new global credential for Mac computers.
3 REPLIES 3
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper currently does not support multiple global credentials of the same type.

It is recommended to use more specific non-global credential mappings where possible. Global credentials will be used to interrogate with all detected assets of its type. Global credentials are only used if no other credentials are available, i.e. they have the lowest priority in the mapping order. The main intent of global credentials is to get customers on their way during the early setup phase. More specific credential mappings of non-global credentials should be implemented afterwards to ensure only the right credential is used for the right asset, rather than cycling credentials until the correct one is found.

Most environments will not have a "one credential fits all", as such in most cases having multiple global credentials will lead to a lot of, for instance, SSH authentication failure alerts if you're monitoring for this.
ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hi AM13337,

Mac devices, like Linux devices, are scanned using SSH. You can only create one global SSH credential. However, you can create an additional SSH credential to scan your Mac devices and map this credential to your scanning targets.

For more information on creating and mapping scanning credentials, you can refer to the below article.
https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/creating-and-mapping-scanning-credentials/
AM13337
Engaged Sweeper III
Erik.T wrote:
Hi AM13337,

Mac devices, like Linux devices, are scanned using SSH. You can only create one global SSH credential. However, you can create an additional SSH credential to scan your Mac devices and map this credential to your scanning targets.

For more information on creating and mapping scanning credentials, you can refer to the below article.
https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/creating-and-mapping-scanning-credentials/

I already scan other devices with SSH, i'm looking to add an additional credential to global ones.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now