cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hamilto5
Engaged Sweeper
After I updated to version 6019 it seems the chip set maker is being reported as manufacturer instead of the PC manufacturer. This isn't happening for all of my machines but it is for a good number of them.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: Lansweeper pulls the manufacturer of Windows computers from the win32_computersystem WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) class on the computer itself.

I can't confirm this as we haven't received a win32_computersystem output of a problem computer from one of the users in this forum topic, but I assume the information is stored incorrectly in WMI itself. This is not something we can resolve. You can manually override scanned manufacturers though, e.g. by hitting the Edit Asset button on individual asset pages or clicking the Assets link at the top of the web console and using one of the mass editing options on the left.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: Lansweeper pulls the manufacturer of Windows computers from the win32_computersystem WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) class on the computer itself.

I can't confirm this as we haven't received a win32_computersystem output of a problem computer from one of the users in this forum topic, but I assume the information is stored incorrectly in WMI itself. This is not something we can resolve. You can manually override scanned manufacturers though, e.g. by hitting the Edit Asset button on individual asset pages or clicking the Assets link at the top of the web console and using one of the mass editing options on the left.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I don't think this is a known issue. Could you contact support@lansweeper.com and provide the following:
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Screenshots of one problem client machine's Lansweeper webpage. Show us the following tabs: Summary, Scan Time, Errors (if it exists).
  • Lansweepertest.txt file generated by the command below, run locally on the same problem client machine.

wmic path win32_computersystem >lansweepertest.txt
BlackOut
Engaged Sweeper
I am seeing something very similar but I think it's basing it on the Network Adapter manufacturer. For instance, we are a dell shop and a majority of our VPN users are using the Cisco VPN client which creates the Cisco VPN client adapter.

I figured this out due to the fact that the systems we are seeing this happen to are on our VPN subnets.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now