cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
execcr
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,
i have this problem on my lansweeper installation (updated to the latest release)
When i create a new user in AD, i cannot see it in Lansweeper (after scanning OU path)
I don't know why, i didn't see any errors in DCs logs or Lansweeper.
If i use software like LDAP Administrator tool from softerra i can connect to DCs via LDAP and see new users without problems.
I've opened a ticket 3 days ago and i'm still waiting for an answer, but now the problem is getting critical becouse of new employes need to have connected assets and ticketing.

Ps: if i login with a new users credential on the ticketing portal i login but the user never show in lansweeper AD users DB.

Any Hint??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
If you've sent an email to support@lansweeper.com then they have certainly already replied. I would check your email spam folder or let them know something that you did not receive the reply.

Regardless, your issue is related to a known bug where AD user info will not be rescanned when you use to option to set a preferred domain controller.
To resolve it, do the following:
  • Navigate to Scanning\Scanning Targets
  • Remove any domain controllers under Active Directory Preferred Domain Controller
  • Navigate to Configuration\Server Options
  • Under User Cleanup Options, enable Refresh Active Directory user details (Department, telephone,... ) in the Lansweeper database.
  • Restart your Lansweeper service in services.msc (this will force the cleanup options to take affect).
  • Rescan your Active Directory User Path scanning target.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
No problem. I'm happy to hear that you were able to resolve it.
execcr
Engaged Sweeper
i'm very sorry. I've found the email with the solution in blocked by our online cloud antispam.
Lansweeper crew respond on Monday.

Please accept my apologies, your solution works like a charm.
thank you
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
If you've sent an email to support@lansweeper.com then they have certainly already replied. I would check your email spam folder or let them know something that you did not receive the reply.

Regardless, your issue is related to a known bug where AD user info will not be rescanned when you use to option to set a preferred domain controller.
To resolve it, do the following:
  • Navigate to Scanning\Scanning Targets
  • Remove any domain controllers under Active Directory Preferred Domain Controller
  • Navigate to Configuration\Server Options
  • Under User Cleanup Options, enable Refresh Active Directory user details (Department, telephone,... ) in the Lansweeper database.
  • Restart your Lansweeper service in services.msc (this will force the cleanup options to take affect).
  • Rescan your Active Directory User Path scanning target.