cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhoades_jon
Engaged Sweeper
I have a handful of devices that will always fail the ssh tests so I would like to not ssh test them. They are dispersed on the network throughout the enterprise. They do support SNMP so scanning them has value but they show as failed because ssh does not work.

I know I could play with the IP ranges in scan credentials basically skipping the IPs but that gets messy with 40+ VLANs across 9 cities.

Is there a way to block ssh for specific IPs?

I could put them into an asset class. If I did could I block ssh for an asset class? I ask that because I don't have this problem for printers. I make the SNMP connection and SSH would fail if tested yet I don't get a failed ssh connection to printers.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Under Configuration\Scanning methods, section IP Address Range Scanning, you can disable SSH by ticket "No SSH" for IP ranges which don't contain any Mac/Linux/Unix devices. If this is no option for you because of too many IP ranges, you might consider disabling the SSH protocol on devices which you can't scan with SSH.

If this isn't possible as well, could you write mail to support@lansweeper.com with the following:
  • link to this forum topic
  • the errorlog Program Files (x86)\Lansweeeper\Service\errorlog.txt
  • a connection test to an affected device from your Lansweeper server with Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions\devicetester.exe
  • screenshot of the affected asset's asset page

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Under Configuration\Scanning methods, section IP Address Range Scanning, you can disable SSH by ticket "No SSH" for IP ranges which don't contain any Mac/Linux/Unix devices. If this is no option for you because of too many IP ranges, you might consider disabling the SSH protocol on devices which you can't scan with SSH.

If this isn't possible as well, could you write mail to support@lansweeper.com with the following:
  • link to this forum topic
  • the errorlog Program Files (x86)\Lansweeeper\Service\errorlog.txt
  • a connection test to an affected device from your Lansweeper server with Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions\devicetester.exe
  • screenshot of the affected asset's asset page