cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
myarrows
Engaged Sweeper
When I run discovery on my Linux Red Hat servers with Enterprise Oracle installed, Lansweeper is not picking this up. Is there a way to make that happen?

Also, have desktops running Windows 7 with Jboss eap installed and Lansweeper isn't picking that up either.

Anyone know of a way to get these discovered by Lansweeper?

Thanks,
Mary
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
In regards to Windows: software scanning mimics Add/Remove Programs. If the software package is not listed in Add/Remove Programs, you will need to use file or registry scanning to detect it.

In regards to Linux: Lansweeper will run one of the commands below to retrieve software records. If a software package is not in the command output, it will not be detected. If this doesn't explain the behavior you are seeing, we will continue troubleshooting via email. I notice you sent us an email as well. Keep in mind that custom scanning is not currently available for Linux computers, so detecting software not included in the output of the commands below will not be possible.

dpkg
equery
lslpp
pkg_info
pkginfo
rpm
swlist

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
In regards to Windows: software scanning mimics Add/Remove Programs. If the software package is not listed in Add/Remove Programs, you will need to use file or registry scanning to detect it.

In regards to Linux: Lansweeper will run one of the commands below to retrieve software records. If a software package is not in the command output, it will not be detected. If this doesn't explain the behavior you are seeing, we will continue troubleshooting via email. I notice you sent us an email as well. Keep in mind that custom scanning is not currently available for Linux computers, so detecting software not included in the output of the commands below will not be possible.

dpkg
equery
lslpp
pkg_info
pkginfo
rpm
swlist

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now