cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pras
Engaged Sweeper
Dear All,

I have premium version of lansweeper. I used logon script to run the lsclient.exe to scan the systems. My scenario is my user objects are distributed in different OU's but i need to scan computers which exists in only one OU. I have disabled Active scanning and put the OU filtering but still it scans all the computers in the domain .How do i solve this issue ?
5 REPLIES 5
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Yes, it's the last script off the link
pras
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks a lot for the quick respone

But the VBScript says about the user filtering i guess. I need to filter computer objects based out of OU where the lsclient will be running from the user login ( can be vbscript ) , here the user objects are distibuted in different OU's . Is it possibe ?

Eg:The lsclient is running from the user "X " which is located in OU "ABC". The user logged in 2 different systems which are located in OU "LMN" and "XYZ" . I need to scan only the OU "XYZ" and get the system details from it, not needed data from "LMN ". Is it possible ? In short i need computer details from one OU in which client is listening from the user logins which are based out of different OU's

Hope it makes sense.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
1)no, OU filtering only works with active scanning
2) See 1
3) You will have to delete the computers from the database.
pras
Engaged Sweeper
Please confirm the following things.

1. If we use the ou filtering option in the configuration by disbaling the active scanning , will it work without changing the login script to vbs ?

2. If vb script is the only option , what settings to do with active scanning option ?

3. What to do with the scanned systems from other OU's ? Do i need to delete manually or any other option ?

Thanks in advance

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
OU filtering only works for active scanning.

If you want to use OU filtering with lsclient I recommend to launch lsclient from a vbscript.
See this page : http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1098379&page=2
I recommend the nametranslate function

You will get something like this:

OU = (insert code to find OU)

If OU = "yourOU" then
lsclient.exe servername
end if