cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BethanyAllen
Engaged Sweeper
Result: Package timeout reached. Task Error: The task has not yet run.
or it sits at
Preliminary checks complete! Initializing. Credential: (%domain administrator%). ShareCredential: (%administrator on the LS Server%).

This is happening on pretty much all of my jobs on almost all of my systems but an example is this: On a system a simple job (1 4 line batch file and an equally small vbs) was successfully run on a system on 2/19, the same job successfully ran on 3/3, on 3/5 it is hanging or timing out. There have been no changes to the job or the target system to the best of my knowledge.

We have tried restarting the service on the server, we have tried updating the LanSweeper program, and we have rebooted the server and target systems multiple times.

Any thoughts on what we could look at to see what is happening?

-Beth
2 REPLIES 2
ghelpdesk
Champion Sweeper
Can you view the created task and task history on the target system prior to the timeout? I think we have had this occur sometimes when "scanning credentials" was the run mode and our scanning account does not have batch run privileges. ie: the task can be created but will not run.
I am not certain how to check the job on the target. I will say that the credentials used did not change between the time it worked and the time it didn't.

ghelpdesk wrote:
Can you view the created task and task history on the target system prior to the timeout? I think we have had this occur sometimes when "scanning credentials" was the run mode and our scanning account does not have batch run privileges. ie: the task can be created but will not run.