cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esr
Champion Sweeper

I'm finding several PC's that are being reported by Lansweeper as "Couldn't find this asset in the database. It does not exist or it might be deleted" This result is being seen more & more often and I can't spot a common cause.

For example, if I go to a user page, I will see the PC listed under the "Computers Logged Onto" section, and it will have a link URL as follows-
http://lansweeper.our.domain.details/asset.aspx?AssetID=59847

Clicking the link gets the not found message. Searching the serial number or asset name directly and the search preview will show the matching name or serial, as it would for any known item, but clicking the result will get the same not found/doesn't exist result.

However, if I go to the database and look at the line, in this case 59847, all the data & details are there up to and including a most recently scanned date of today.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: this issue was caused by database corruption. The tblAssetCustom database table, which stores the asset state and other basic asset details, was not populated for some machines. Conversely, there were machines with an entry in tblAssetCustom, but not tblAssets. This should never happen. TblAssets and tblAssetCustom should always have the same number of records. When the Lansweeper service scans an asset, it inserts a record in both tables. There is also a constraint in tblAssetCustom that should ensure that, if a record in tblAssets is deleted, the corresponding record in tblAssetCustom is deleted as well.

Several keys and constraints were missing from the customer's installation, likely due to someone making manual changes to the database. We recommended either restoring the keys and constraints or reinstalling Lansweeper. We would advise anyone to refrain from making custom changes to the database or running custom database scripts, as this could easily break your installation and cause errors.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: this issue was caused by database corruption. The tblAssetCustom database table, which stores the asset state and other basic asset details, was not populated for some machines. Conversely, there were machines with an entry in tblAssetCustom, but not tblAssets. This should never happen. TblAssets and tblAssetCustom should always have the same number of records. When the Lansweeper service scans an asset, it inserts a record in both tables. There is also a constraint in tblAssetCustom that should ensure that, if a record in tblAssets is deleted, the corresponding record in tblAssetCustom is deleted as well.

Several keys and constraints were missing from the customer's installation, likely due to someone making manual changes to the database. We recommended either restoring the keys and constraints or reinstalling Lansweeper. We would advise anyone to refrain from making custom changes to the database or running custom database scripts, as this could easily break your installation and cause errors.
esr
Champion Sweeper
Email sent with requested supporting details.

Thanks!
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Something may be wrong with your database. Could you send a mail to support@lansweeper.com with the following
  • link to this forum topic
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Screenshot of your full browser window after trying to open an asset page