cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dillont
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

For some reason I cannot get a list of software that installed on the asset under the software tab.

Just to give a little background information we have some machines that are on the domain and show which software is on the asset. The devices I'm currently working on are HP Thin Clients and are joined to the domain. I had several issues just trying to get them into lansweeper. I had to open up ports 135, 445, and turn on echo for IMCP. These Thin Clients have the windows firewall turned on so I tried turning that off and running a scan but the software on the asset still did not show up in Lansweeper.

I thought the windows firewall might be blocking it but after turning it off and still having no luck I'm sure its not the firewall. I moved the Thin Clients to the VLAN where we have our normal computers that work with no luck as well. So does anyone know if there is just a long waiting period of the software audit to complete or is something wrong.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Dillon
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: we created a new installer that should resolve this issue. You can perform a free update of your existing Lansweeper installation by following these instructions. Rescan your thin clients afterwards.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: we created a new installer that should resolve this issue. You can perform a free update of your existing Lansweeper installation by following these instructions. Rescan your thin clients afterwards.
dillont
Engaged Sweeper
Enabled the service. Then did redid the scan. Still was unable to see what software was on the device. Sent logs and screenshots to support.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Question received and answered via email as well. This is the reply we sent:
Thank you for the screenshots. We can see that the machine was scanned using WMI, which is a good start. If software wasn't scanned, we assume that remote registry service wasn't available or couldn't be started on the target computer. Could you check if this service is available, start it on the example machine and try rescanning it by opening the asset page and hitting Rescan asset.

If this doesn't help, could you
  • enable debug mode on your Lansweeper, following the instructions in this KB article
  • rescan the same computer
  • send us the errorlog as present on your Lansweeper server under Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\errorlog.txt
  • send us new screenshots of the asset page, showing tabs Summary, Software and Scan Time