cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikerwolf
Engaged Sweeper
We just received a ton of PC's that will no longer be signing into our usual domain. All of the PC's on the new domain are being detected by Lansweeper but we are receiving the "Scanning access denied: Scanning credential is missing administrative privileges on PC1234".

Could anyone direct me on how to fix this and allow LanSweeper to get the information from the PC's on this new domain?
6 REPLIES 6
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
I would suggest doing it for both domains, not sure how it will act when you add two credentials for 2 domains. I don't work support, I have just been using Lansweeper.

No reason not to map the working one, really.
mikerwolf
Engaged Sweeper
Why would I need to do this for the working domain and not just the one that isn't scanning?
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
Actually, I am wrong (have not done this)

You want to click "+Add new credentials" in the top section.
Type: Windows
Name: Whatever name you want to give it, I suggest the domain name
Login: username (abc\user)
Password: the password
Then click ok
Repeat for second domain

After both are in they will be listed in the credentials table.

Click on "+Map Credential" in the second section
In the "Domain or Workgroup" section type the name of the domain and click on the name in the list (it will highlight) and click on add

Repeat for other domain
mikerwolf
Engaged Sweeper
So say all of the PC's in lansweeper are showing under the domain "ABC" when I click on them and look at their information. In the "Mapping Credentials" section, I will type in ABC in Domain or Workgroup, click on all the domains (local, local admin etc) and hit Add.

When I look at the new PC's that are not being scanned, they are showing in the domain "DEF". So I go to "Mapping Credntials" again, type DEF in Domain or Workgroup, click on all the domains underneath that and hit add again?

*This is not my area of expertise AT ALL
mikerwolf
Engaged Sweeper
I am in map credentials, Mapping Type: Workgroup or Domain, below that is Domain or Workgroup with an input field.

Below that I see local, local admin etc. Please walk me through this like I am 10.
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
Under scanning the second menu, one down is scanning credentials.

You can map credentials in the lower section click +Map Credentials and under Workgroup or Domain type your FQDN for each domain and click +Add new credential for that domain. the username should be FQDN\Username

Simply do two different maps for each domain