cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
badbane
Engaged Sweeper II

I verified the snmp credential used to scan the device work using the device tester. This is a problem as none of our switches are properly getting scanned. I really do not want to have to manually adjust a couple hundred switches manually.  

3 REPLIES 3
badbane
Engaged Sweeper II

Update I ended up opening a case with lansweeper. The issues is that the device tester can handle snmp replies from ip's other than the scanned interface but the asset scanning tool cannot. I was able to resolve the issue easily on the procurves by removing the reply interfaces and making sure that the replies come from the matching interface. Junipers however despite configuring them to reply from the scanned interface do not and are scanned seem to only want to reply to snmp on the native vlan ip interface. 

rom
Champion Sweeper III

can you share the output of the tester?  (sanitized)

badbane
Engaged Sweeper II

Update so our procurve 5406 and 5412 zl's are scanning with snmp as long as I use snmp v1. The Juniper switches return the proper data using the device tester but I tried both snmp v1 and v2 and the only thing happening is the device shows up as a network device. That is it however in the tester it pulls the switch hostname, device model and description. I have gone through all of the troubleshooting steps I can't get the juniper switches to scan in.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now