cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joshua
Engaged Sweeper III
I added snmp config to our Wyse Xenith Zero Config terminals and am able to scan a bit of data with Lansweeper but it is not scanning as much as I'd like.

This is the string I really want: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.714.1.2.6.2.1.0 = STRING: "7DDDO900197"

It pulls fine with an snmpget (snmpget.exe -v1 -O v -M "c:\snmp\mibs" -c communityname 10.7.248.56 1.3.6.1.4.1.714.1.2.6.2.1.0)

It's the serial number of the Wyse terminal. The default Lansweeper scan does not grab this.

Apparently this has been on the wishlist since 2010 and the last topic I could find was from 2014. Was it ever implemented?

If not is there a preferable way to scrape the data separately and import it into the Lansweeper utility via Database script?

Here are screenshots of what is being pulled:

And I tried the devicetester utility and it confirms Lansweeper is not even attempting to scan this OID.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper scans a limited number of OIDs and uses a limited number of MIBs for now. Custom MIB/OID scanning has been requested by several other customers, but we unfortunately do not have a release date for this feature. Serial numbers specifically are scanned for Linux, Mac, Windows, VMware, network printers, Cisco switches and a limited number of other network devices. At the moment, it is not possible to retrieve this information for all network devices.

You could manually add the serials by either:
  • Hitting the Edit Asset button on individual asset pages.
  • Clicking the Assets link at the top of the web console and hitting the Editing Mode button on the left.
  • Running a script under Configuration\Database Scripts. We cannot provide support for writing custom database scripts, but the fields you need are tblAssetCustom.Serialnumber and tblAssetCustom.Serialnumberlock. Setting the second field to 1 ensures your changes are not overwritten upon rescanning. We do recommend backing up your installation prior to running any scripts, by following these instructions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Joshua
Engaged Sweeper III
Yea what I did was export the info from Wyse Device manager and them imported the Name and Serial number columns into the Lansweeper database as dbo.export$

Then I ran the following SQL query to copy the data over:

UPDATE dbo.tblAssetCustom
SET dbo.tblAssetCustom.Serialnumber = dbo.export$.Serial
FROM dbo.export$ INNER JOIN dbo.tblAssets ON dbo.tblAssets.AssetName = dbo.export$.Name
INNER JOIN dbo.tblAssetCustom ON dbo.tblAssetCustom.AssetID = dbo.tblAssets.AssetID

Worked like a charm, just need to get it all automated for new devices being added.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper scans a limited number of OIDs and uses a limited number of MIBs for now. Custom MIB/OID scanning has been requested by several other customers, but we unfortunately do not have a release date for this feature. Serial numbers specifically are scanned for Linux, Mac, Windows, VMware, network printers, Cisco switches and a limited number of other network devices. At the moment, it is not possible to retrieve this information for all network devices.

You could manually add the serials by either:
  • Hitting the Edit Asset button on individual asset pages.
  • Clicking the Assets link at the top of the web console and hitting the Editing Mode button on the left.
  • Running a script under Configuration\Database Scripts. We cannot provide support for writing custom database scripts, but the fields you need are tblAssetCustom.Serialnumber and tblAssetCustom.Serialnumberlock. Setting the second field to 1 ensures your changes are not overwritten upon rescanning. We do recommend backing up your installation prior to running any scripts, by following these instructions.