cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joshua
Engaged Sweeper III
We are in the process of evaluating Lansweeper and I'm trying to import all of our IP ranges into the database. I can't find an easy way to do this.

I want to add take all of the subnets out of AD Sites and Services or DHCP (we have over 700) and import them into both the IP Locations and IP Address Range Scanning sections. That way we can scan specific subnets and the assets all report into the same groups.

I've done a lot of Googling and it appears Lansweeper has added it to the "wishlist" but can't find where it was actually implemented. Some have been able to create SQL script to import but I can't find details on how to do that (I am not a SQL admin).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Thank you for trying Lansweeper! Built-in options for importing IP locations and IP ranges were added in Lansweeper 6.0, which is currently in beta. In Lansweeper 5.3, the latest production release, you would have to insert the data directly into the relevant database tables, as you've done.

The 6.0 beta isn't being shared publicly yet, but anyone interested in it can just send a quick email to support@lansweeper.com and include "beta" in the title of their message. We will send a download link and all necessary details. Do make sure to send your request from a company email address.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Thank you for trying Lansweeper! Built-in options for importing IP locations and IP ranges were added in Lansweeper 6.0, which is currently in beta. In Lansweeper 5.3, the latest production release, you would have to insert the data directly into the relevant database tables, as you've done.

The 6.0 beta isn't being shared publicly yet, but anyone interested in it can just send a quick email to support@lansweeper.com and include "beta" in the title of their message. We will send a download link and all necessary details. Do make sure to send your request from a company email address.
Joshua
Engaged Sweeper III
So I decided to dabble with SQL. Looks like I can manually add them into the SQL table and all is well. So now I just need to format the IP ranges and names properly and I can mass import. If someone can respond with a simpler way, I'm all ears. This is going to take me some time to format.

For anyone interested, these are the two SQL queries you have to run to insert data. Obviously change the info to match whatever your IP range and description is.

For IP Locations:
INSERT [dbo].[tsysIPLocations] VALUES (10007141001, 10007141255, 'Description of IP Range', '10.7.141.1', '10.7.141.255', '', '', '')

For IP Address Range Scanning:
INSERT [dbo].[tsysIPScanRanges] VALUES ('lansweeperservername', '10.7.141.1', '10.7.141.255', 'False', 4, 'False', 'False', 'False', 'False', 'False', 'False', 'False', 'False', 'False', '1/1/1900 12:00:00 PM', '1/1/1900 12:00:00 PM', '1/1/1900 12:00:00 PM', '1/1/1900 12:00:00 PM', '1/1/1900 12:00:00 PM', '1/1/1900 12:00:00 PM', '1/1/1900 12:00:00 PM', '11/19/2015 2:56:13 PM', 'False', 'False', 'True', 1, 22, 'False', 'False', 'Description of IP Range', 5060)

------------------------

I was able to format all of the text the way I needed and imported everything through SQL. All of my IP ranges are showing up on the web interface now.

------------------------

Just an update to this. Something broke after adding a few thousand entries to the tsysIPScanRanges table. Scanning broke because of errors to dbo.tsysASServers. We had to wipe out the tsysIPScanRanges table in order for scanning to work again. I'm still trying to figure things out but I would recommend not using the above to import a large amount of IP addresses in.