cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisclos
Engaged Sweeper
I can do remote screenshots fine. If I try remote control on a station (Firewall disabled just to make sure), it will not work.

While watching it during the process when lsremote is ran, it creates the service on the target machine, starts the service, but I'm never able to connect.

Is there something I configured wrong?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
When the vnc service is installed, can you do a "netstat -a" to see if something is listening on port 5900

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
When the vnc service is installed, can you do a "netstat -a" to see if something is listening on port 5900
Cobra7
Champion Sweeper
This is an odd one. Have you tried connecting to other PC's? Does it do the same thing?

Does RDP work?
Cobra7 wrote:
This is an odd one. Have you tried connecting to other PC's? Does it do the same thing?

Does RDP work?

Same problem on connecting to other PC's, and yes RDP works fine.

I have also tried this on other workstations (connecting from), same results... Including the box Lansweeper is installed on.
chrisclos
Engaged Sweeper
I disabled firewall.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Can you check if post 5900 is firewalled.
chrisclos
Engaged Sweeper
Connecting to Windows XP... Last thing the client says is connecting to port 5900. It sits there for about a minute or two then says it can't connect.

Meanwhile, watching on the client, I can see it creates the service and starts the service.
Cobra7
Champion Sweeper
What OS are you connecting to? Also what is the last thing LSremote is saying?