cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oagtexas
Engaged Sweeper III
I have added the SSH certificate (4096 bit key) to the credential list and mapped them to my scans. I manually kicked off a scan and it threw the following error:

"Could not connect to SSH with credentials Global (root)"

I thought maybe I have to remove the Global one for it to see the custom one, so I selected to clear the credential and try again. New error:

"No SSH credentials defined."

So Lansweeper is not even detecting the new "SSH Certificate" credential. Is anybody else seeing this? Running the latest version 6.0.19.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Glad the issue was resolved, but just an FYI for everyone: you shouldn't have to delete your global credentials to have other, mapped credentials tried as well. Credentials should be tried in the order you see them in the Credential Mapping section of Scanning\Scanning Credentials. Global credentials are "last resort" credentials and are only tried after all other, mapped credentials of the same type have failed. If a scan fails, all credentials that were tried should be listed on the asset page. Should this issue return, please contact support@lansweeper.com

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Glad the issue was resolved, but just an FYI for everyone: you shouldn't have to delete your global credentials to have other, mapped credentials tried as well. Credentials should be tried in the order you see them in the Credential Mapping section of Scanning\Scanning Credentials. Global credentials are "last resort" credentials and are only tried after all other, mapped credentials of the same type have failed. If a scan fails, all credentials that were tried should be listed on the asset page. Should this issue return, please contact support@lansweeper.com
oagtexas
Engaged Sweeper III
I think the returned errors from SSH was throwing off the tool because this turned out to be a credential problem on the servers themselves. We re-applied the account scripts and now it's working.