cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrBob
Engaged Sweeper III
We have a Drobo Elite Disk Storage Device (12 TB). It is connected to several servers using the iSCSI protocol. This means that the Drobo mounts to the servers as a local drive(s) so when Lan Sweeper (LS) scans the server all it sees is a local drive. The Drobo is not like a NAS. It does not support data connection over the LAN

The servers that connect to the Drobo have 2 network cards. One is configured to our LAN subnet (172.16.x.x) and the second card is configured to what I refer to as the Drobo subnet (192.254.2.x). The Drobo and the servers are all connected to an 8 port switch and are on the Drobo subnet.

Is there a technique for LS to scan the Drobo as a device?
4 REPLIES 4
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Yeah, with SNMP you'd be able to retrieve much more.
cjcox
Engaged Sweeper III
If Drobo supported SNMP, sure LS could do more with it. But it doesn't.

You may have to build glue to get data from it into LS.
MrBob
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks, I was afraid that even if I could get to the Drobo, LS would not be able to gather info from it.

I have manually created an entry for it under asset type NAS. It gives me somewhere I can store purchase, repair and configuration details.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I don't think it will be possible to create a separate asset from it. For Lansweeper to create an asset itself, it needs to be able to connect to the device's IP address, and since the NIC is on a server, Lansweeper will simply scan the server. Additionally there would be no way of knowing what information to display on the asset since it's all seen as part of the server.

The best thing you can do is create a custom report which only displays the Drobo's information from the servers.