cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgraver
Engaged Sweeper
Hi I am new to the forum and to LanSweeper itself.

Before I enable the Screenshot capability, I was wondering if the user of the remote machine is notified that a screenshot has been taken. If not is there a way to advise them one has been taken?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
To use the Remote Screenshot tool as a custom action:
• Copy screengrab.exe to the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions folder on your Lansweeper server.
• Add the entry below to your Lansweeper web console under Configuration\Website Management\Asset Pages.
{actionpath}screengrab.exe {computer} /AP

You can use the /NP parameter as well.
/NP means No Permission: the target machine is not asked for permission before starting the Remote Screenshot session.
/AP means Ask Permission: the target machine is asked for permission before starting the Remote Screenshot session.

Please note however that we no longer develop or provide support for this tool. It was removed from our installer because too many anti-virus software packages were mislabeling it as a threat.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jgraver
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks...seems pretty straight forward, I will give it a try!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
To use the Remote Screenshot tool as a custom action:
• Copy screengrab.exe to the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions folder on your Lansweeper server.
• Add the entry below to your Lansweeper web console under Configuration\Website Management\Asset Pages.
{actionpath}screengrab.exe {computer} /AP

You can use the /NP parameter as well.
/NP means No Permission: the target machine is not asked for permission before starting the Remote Screenshot session.
/AP means Ask Permission: the target machine is asked for permission before starting the Remote Screenshot session.

Please note however that we no longer develop or provide support for this tool. It was removed from our installer because too many anti-virus software packages were mislabeling it as a threat.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now