cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jshride
Engaged Sweeper II
This morning I happened to notice many repetitions of this in my server log. It had not seen it before, and it specifies two servers that are a part of my org, but I have never setup them up as LDAP authorities in LS. CONFUSION! Can anyone offer some guidance?

*the names have been changed to protect the innocent*

Error Path: CN=UNAME,OU=People,DC=myorg,DC=local Domain: dc=myorg,dc=local The LDAP server is unavailable. 06/22/2020 12:15:14
User scanning SERVERNAME1: The LDAP server is unavailable. 06/22/2020 12:15:13
Error Path: CN=UNAME,OU=People,DC=myorg,DC=local Domain: dc=myorg,dc=local The LDAP server is unavailable. 06/22/2020 12:15:14
User scanning SERVERNAME0: The LDAP server is unavailable. 06/22/2020 12:15:13

There is probably something glaringly obvious I am overlooking here, but I am probably overlooking it.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
jshride
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks for helping with this information, good to know I'm not alone here.

Has anyone ever posted your specific ask in the "feature request" area on this forum? I agree with you it would be helpful!
fjca
Champion Sweeper II
jshride wrote:
Thanks for helping with this information, good to know I'm not alone here.

Has anyone ever posted your specific ask in the "feature request" area on this forum? I agree with you it would be helpful!

I've asked that on the Wishlist and also by email to Support :

https://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst17322_Force-Lansweeper-to-use-a-list-of-Domain-Controllers.aspx#post58068

To be honest, besides me, I don't remember anybody requesting this on the forums...
fjca
Champion Sweeper II
jshride wrote:
This morning I happened to notice many repetitions of this in my server log. It had not seen it before, and it specifies two servers that are a part of my org, but I have never setup them up as LDAP authorities in LS. CONFUSION! Can anyone offer some guidance?

Are you doing Active Directory Domain scanning ? In our case, that has been a problem since we started using our parents company domain, for which we only have permissions to our local OU/DC's. But Lansweeper gets the list from the AD for all the DC's (all 140 of them), so I have my logs filled with errors like that one. I've already asked them to add a feature so we can choose the DC's we want to probe, so we wouldn't waste time asking DC's for which we don't have permissions, but that wasn't been done yet... and it shouldn't be something very difficult, we already have the "Active Directory Preferred Domain Controller" option, it is a question of modifying that to accept a list of servers, instead of one, and make it "mandatory", not preferred...

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now