cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JFK_WEB
Engaged Sweeper II
Anybody else gets some issue with new version 9.3.10.7 ?
Scanning not work anymore, computer stay stuck in the Windows computer scanning.
CPU always nears 80-90 % and Memory to 10 Gb.
Database has been optimized from 19 Gb to 4.4 Gb after reducing event log retention.
We have a lot of "1 scanning takes longer than 1 hour, repair wmi on this machine!" but all this machine was OK before.
Any else ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
We're investigating reports that querying Win32_SystemDrivers can cause a performance impact on the scanning server and the scanned system in some circumstances. If you're experiencing a performance issue on your Lansweeper server, try doing the following:
  • Go to Scanning\Scanned Item Interval
  • Disable the SYSTEMDRIVERS item
  • Clear the scanning queue via Scanning\Scanning Queue
  • Restart the Lansweeper Server service to sever any ongoing connections

In regards to LsAgent relay connections, there is no known issue with the relay server. Keep in mind that the scanning service checks into the relay to pull assets every hour. If you're seeing an error every hour you may indeed have a connection issue in which case I recommend checking out this article. If you're only seeing error intermittently, this isn't a cause for concern.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
JFK_WEB
Engaged Sweeper II
In the change log of version 9.3.0.6, this change makes me think it could be this.

Added: LAN-8881 Lansweeper now scans system drivers, PnP signed drivers and printer drivers of Windows computers

I disable "SYSTEMDRIVERS" in the Scanned Item Interval and now the server is stable for the moment.

Could you try on your side if you have the same effect ?

jwillard
Engaged Sweeper
I am also experiencing the same issues since the update of high CPU issues on the server in which this resides.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now