cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zailleh
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi Everyone,

My apologies if this has been asked and answered before but I was unable to find any reference to this error either in the troubleshooting guide or here in the forums.

I'm encountering the below error whilst scanning an number of switches, routers, and vSphere hosts via SNMP. I have tried two SNMP Community strings that I know to work and have the same result with each. Dispite this error, it seems to have still been able to scan the details.
New scan found 0 MAC addresses, the existing record has 1. Check your SNMP and SSH connections

Any advice would be appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If you are seeing this error, SNMP was *not* scanned during the last scan attempt. You can verify this by looking at the "last seen" date listed in the Summary tab. The problem is not Lansweeper, but one of the following:
• SNMP is no longer enabled on the affected devices.
• The SNMP credentials mapped to the affected devices within Lansweeper are no longer valid.
• SNMP cannot be accessed because SNMP traffic is being redirected. (This is less likely.)

Please contact support@lansweeper.com and provide us with the following so we can confirm what the issue is:
• Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
• Screenshots of one problem device's Lansweeper webpage. Show us the following tabs: Summary, Errors.
• Screenshot of a connection test performed to the same device using DeviceTester.exe: http://download.lansweeper.com/tools50/DeviceTester.exe
Perform the test on your Lansweeper server, submit what you believe is the correct SNMP credential and show us the entire test window.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If you are seeing this error, SNMP was *not* scanned during the last scan attempt. You can verify this by looking at the "last seen" date listed in the Summary tab. The problem is not Lansweeper, but one of the following:
• SNMP is no longer enabled on the affected devices.
• The SNMP credentials mapped to the affected devices within Lansweeper are no longer valid.
• SNMP cannot be accessed because SNMP traffic is being redirected. (This is less likely.)

Please contact support@lansweeper.com and provide us with the following so we can confirm what the issue is:
• Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
• Screenshots of one problem device's Lansweeper webpage. Show us the following tabs: Summary, Errors.
• Screenshot of a connection test performed to the same device using DeviceTester.exe: http://download.lansweeper.com/tools50/DeviceTester.exe
Perform the test on your Lansweeper server, submit what you believe is the correct SNMP credential and show us the entire test window.